HashFlare

Friday, July 12, 2013

Changing your password on Windows using the command prompt

So, I already told you how to remove your password using CMD, right? Well, changing it is even easier than that and there aren’t many average user that use it or even know it. Let me show you the easiest way to change your password on Windows.

First of all we need to open the command prompt with admin privileges. Just press Windows Key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

cmd1

What you need to do is type the following:

net user USERNAME PASSWORD

So, in my case my username is Tato and I want “hello” to be my password:

net user tato hello

cmd2

And that’s it. You have a new password now. The best part is that you don’t even need to know your previous password. You can just hit the command and the password will be changed. You can test this by locking your PC (Windows Key + L) and the unlocking it.

You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment