HashFlare

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Reinstall any Windows 10 default app

When I do a clean W10 install, I always uninstall all default apps. Why? Because most of these are useless and, to me, a waste of space. So I uninstall them... or should I say, disable them. Even though you think the apps are uninstalled, you can still install them again manually, and it’s very easy. In this example I’ll install Solitaire again.

First open Windows PowerShell and use the following command

get-appxpackage -allusers

After a few seconds a bunch of stuff will appear, just ignore most of those and look for the app you want to reinstall.

A bunch of stuff.

In this case I’m looking for Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Just focus on the stuff you want.

After finding the app, copy the PackageFullName. In this case.

Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.3.9211.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Now, use the following command:

add-appxpackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.3.9211.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\appxmanifest.xml” -DisableDevelopmentMode

That’s it. You’ll see something like this.

This is very quick, actually.

And that’s it. The app is installed.

Ignore the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment