HashFlare

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Disable Windows Defender on Windows 10

I know, I know, disabling your antivirus can cause security issues and stuff. Well, I don’t care, let’s disable it.

Open the Group Policy Editor, aka, gpedit.msc.

Win+ANY KEY is my favorite shortcut.

Feel free to touch anything you want in there; there are pretty clear descriptions on each element, so if you mess your PC, that’s on you.

We need to go the following folder:

Computer configuration > Administrative templates > Windows Components

No text.

In there search for the Windows Defender folder. In there you’ll find a policy setting named Turn off Windows Defender. Double click it. Set it to Enabled.

Do I really need to tell you the steps?

That’s it. You don’t even need to restart your pc or anything. Good bye, Windows Defender.

No comments:

Post a Comment